Monday 3 January 2011

Creating a TV Listings Magazine

Ancillary Text - TV Listings Double Page Spread

I have started creating one of my ancillary texts which is a double page spread from a TV Listings Magazine. I have decided to make the main feature of the double page spread the advertisement for my documentary, with other information about other program around the outside.

I have started by creating the main feature in the middle of the page which i have called "Pick Of The Day", which is a term commonly used in TV Listings to suggest to readers the best program to watch on that day.
I have then created a boarder which goes with the theme of driving (Black and Yellow) and then have made the title look like "Police Line Do Not Cross" tape. I have also added a best watch badge to emphasize the point that this is not a program to watch. Finally I have added the program details and a short description of what the documentary is about.

The Finished Product

Below is the finished double page spread of a TV lis
tings page which features my documentary as its main feature:
As you can see, my finished TV Listings double page spread shows TV listings for 5 channels (BBC1, BBC2, ITV1, Channel 4 and Five), and also features a "pick of the day" in the middle of the page, which I have used to advertise my documentary.

No comments:

Post a Comment